Laser therapy -also called laser surgery and laser rejuvenation- has become the preferred treatment for tattoo removal since it offers a low-risk option with minimal side effects. The laser selectively targets and removes the tattoo without damaging the surrounding tissue, which greatly decreases scarring. Most tattoos do require multiple treatments.
- Considered safer than other treatment options
- Offers improved therapeutic results
- Has a reduced risk of infection
- Less scarring in most cases
- Is considered a “bloodless” surgery
- Can be done on an outpatient basis